Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 8 Readng Relfection





 The only thing I was surprised to read was that commercial banks tend not to lend to start-ups and overall even for established firms will more than likely do short term loans than intermediate terms and seldom long term loans.

The confusing part of this week's reading was the part about  the success of social lending has contributed to the weakening of the economy. I understand commercial lenders have tighten their purse strings due to regulations and such, but since social lending has now opened the door to more entrepreneurs, how has the economy weakened?

I was also confused by the Figure 8.2. I am not quite sure what this is reflecting? Meaning, I don't understand how the grading works or how to really read it.

What type of investor would Warren Buffet be considered? Reading over the descriptions it would seem he would be an Enthusiast, but just wondering. He is not a venture capitalist and is it that he really wants to own and include in his portfolio?

I wonder what the actual return has been for angel investors? Wondering if their instinct plays a big part in their decision of investing.

There was not anything I necessarily disagreed with the author, I was just fascinated about the intricacies of  raising capital.


No comments:

Post a Comment