Saturday, February 20, 2016

Free Money



I was apprehensive about this project and did a dry run (no recording) and took a friend to see what my results would be. I just wanted to give the dollars away as a random act of kindness and for someone to have a soda or coffee on me. I had four individuals take the dollar (one leary) and the fifth objecting to such because she was raised not to take money or anything from strangers. I would say this last individual was easily in her 60's.

So for my idea I bounced if I should ask a trivia question for a dollar or stand on a corner in a public place and just hand them out.



I chose to go to a place in which I thought the dollar would be most welcomed and that was at a Dollar Tree shopping center. I gave my dollars away with just one simple statement "just because you are you". Four individuals were appreciative and thanked me, one was a bit concerned and had a questionable look and said "no thank you", I still kept the dollar out and said,"no, please take it just because you are you and have a good one".

In all five attempts I was successful in giving the money away. I approached more with confidence in this run versus the dry run. I had a smile on my face and feel this conveyed warmness. It took me 47 seconds to complete this one versus my dry run.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja,

    Great job on this assignment!! You seemed to be so confident and acted so natural when approaching people. I believe that since you gave off such a nice and sweet persona people were okay with taking your dollar. I'm sure you made a few peoples' days. Good job! Here's my blog if you want to check it out: http://julianakrevans.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Sonja!! This was such an amazing and inspirational video! Your choice of words and lovely personality really gave you the edge on this assignment! Not everyone would have accepted your dollar if you didn't give off such a friendly aura and smile. You brought smiles to everyone's face. Nicely done! Here's mine: http://cindyblogs4u.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Sonja! Everyone seemed very receptive to you and you seemed to enjoy putting a smile on their faces. I think your friendly and non-threatening approach really gave you great success. You also made the exercise about them instead of you which I think was great. You undoubtedly made their day and possibly even restored or reinsured their faith in people as a whole! Check out my blog at http://mrufent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete