Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1




I am an individual with an innate ability to adapt to an ever changing environment. I do not have any artistic talent, but I feel I have a talent in putting others at ease in an uncomfortable environment. I find ways to increase productivity, but yet in the process ensure individuals know they are an integral part of the team. I find ways of getting folks to buy in on some ideas even when they originally resisted. It takes time and patience to successfully pull such off, but I feel it is worth it.

The goal of this business is to ensure all working families aspiring to find a home in a safe environment with top amenities they did not believe affordable, are actually reached. I believe the impact of helping families successfully reach these goals will impact me more internally (personally) due to the joy these families will encounter once they are handed the key to their home.

We see in the news many hard working families are finding it hard to find housing that is affordable for their family and feels safe, welcoming, and personalized at the same time.

 My business TransItHome will assist families in transitioning from their current living conditions to purchasing or renting until readily able to owning that same home. Our main focus is the lower income to middle income family. These families have been forgotten and have always worked hard for their money and wonder why they are priced out of the market. They question what else is needed from them in order to get a home they can call their own and is reasonably priced.

We are more than a home builder using innovated building methods (SIP structural insulated panels). We provide assistance for all facets of home buying from start to finish. We are able to educate the consumer on credit worthiness. There is assistance in applying for mortgages because we have partnerships with over 100 financial institutions. Assistance is available from picking out the lot to customizing finishing touches such as stone counter tops, wall colors, lighting, etc. Encouraging our vendor relationships to extend deep discounts by cutting their profit margins on quality materials has allowed us to assist lower and middle income families to purchase homes they can afford as well as add their personal touches.

I feel the concept is a good one and each piece is a good fit. It may be hard to visualize this concept because the instinct is to think broker, but this business does more than that for these customers. We offer a service that first ensures our customer can create the home they can afford (all costs associated in owning/renting home). We educate via our green initiative to show our new home owners how to produce costs savings for themselves and the planet. I believe as we assist families in getting into their homes, they will in turn market for us. We start one community at a time all the while building a community of families watching over other families. This in turn assists in building a safe environment.

5 comments:

  1. Sonja, considering I am an individual that does not do very well in new situations or in large public events it is good to know that you have the skills of being able to put people at ease. It is always great to come across people with that talent. Your business idea is really great because I know of individuals who want to expand their family and purchase a home that fits them best but money can be an issue. Your business would serve as a middle transition for them which would be very beneficial. Here is a link to my blog post which has to do with creating an app to help drivers locate their cars in large parking lots: http://ariellechristina.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sonja, very cool blog you have here. Your business idea is great. I love the fact that you are doing something not only for the well-being of others, but also to provide self-satisfaction. I definitely see your concern here to help families find the ideal home at an affordable price. You seem to have your business idea very well planned out and structured. Also, you have a specific customer target, which is the hard working facilities looking for an affordable home. I too have a specific target customer base for my business idea. Overall, great idea. Here is link to my Idea Napkin No. 1 http://susanamorales0129.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonja,

    What an interesting talent you have, to put people at ease. I definitely lack that and tend to be a little awkward in social settings. I can tell that talent has really shaped your business idea and probably the way you want to go in life. You idea is interesting but I don't think I'm understanding exactly it is you'll be doing. Are you building green minded homes for people to rent to own? Sounds like that would be a lot of fixed cost you'd pay. Definitely a good idea if you can pull it off though! here's the link to my blog if you want to check out my post:http://cassandrathe.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonja! First of all, I love your blog design. It feels great! It puts me at ease, haha! I think that your idea is pretty good! I love that you're appealing to lower/middle class citizens that struggle in home buying, and you're trying to find a way to make it easier for them. This is a very practical start-up idea and I wish you the most success!
    Feel free to check out my post! http://ryandoescubing.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete