Sunday, February 14, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 3

The strategy this time in interviewing customers was to present my business idea and gain feedback (good and bad) regarding the idea. I had the potential customers read over the index card which I included below, to gain their ideas.

I found my idea was not really clearly written. I also had one customer advise I should focus on one area because it was too broad. Suggested I limit to financial piece and if necessary broaden horizon. All agreed there was a need to assist those working families in the low income to middle income range with education of owning a home and needing assistance to ensure affordability. Honestly, I felt this one was a bit tougher because this was now presenting my idea and attempting to gain feedback.

I will probably change my strategy of pursuing relationships with many financial institutions and limit it to a handful and create partnerships so that my customers get the best possible rates for financing. I am not completely sold that I should not also be a home builder, just not sure when that implementation should begin. I may start with apartment rentals and move forward.


Here is the index card and wording.








                                                                  


I feel I could have done just a bit better on presenting my idea after speaking with these kind people who took time out to review and provide as much feedback as they could. They were not all as forthcoming as I would have hoped, but I did get useful information from all and that was there is a need.

Your feed back is most welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. I think the idea you have is really something special. In this day and age, this is a huge issue for a large majority of the population. Everyone wants a nice house that’s catered to their needs and desires but not many people have that luxury. Your idea could greatly help people achieve their ideal home and I think that’s something incredible. Here’s a link to my blog if you want to check it out.
    http://nkent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete