Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection



I think the only thing in this week's reading that surprised me was the use of co-marketing and banner ads and their usefulness. I did not realize there was co-marketing on the internet. I know I have seen it with products on the shelves in stores, but not with marketing on internet.

I am mildly confused as to why anyone would want to use the secondary data, when it can be old information and really may not entail the demographics needed for my business.

My questions I would ask Kuratko:
1. Why don't entrepreneurs just adopt the consumer driven philosophy right off the bat if they want continued success?

2. When is it appropriate to surpass the recommended 10% or less of revenue for marketing expense? Or as a rule of thumb should this be followed through lifetime of firm?

3. What are the author's thought on email marketing? I'm interested on his position for or against because I know I find it useful for businesses I frequent, but then I do hate spam.

With this week's reading there was nothing I necessarily disagreed with because most of what  I read was already confirmed in previous marketing classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment