Saturday, April 16, 2016

Google Gold



At the beginning of the class we had a guest lecturer discuss search engine optimization and gave some pointers to assist in gaining more traffic for our posts.

I originally attempted to use key words for my videos so they could gain traffic that would lead to my posts associated on the blog. Honestly, that was an epic failure. I could not seem to grasp the attention to my blog that I would have desired. Unfortunately, I did not have a strong command of how to gain optimization.

I utilized meta tags such as blog on entrepreneurship, venture concepts, elevator pitch, home ownership for middle income and low income families, as well as "help with home-ownership". Nothing worked .

I did not utilize social media because, although I have accounts, you should note, that I do not post much on them or go to them often. Just in a "blue moon" will I post or respond to someone well after an event or post.

I did choose to utilize Google+ and found that it helped get my blog more traffic than attempting to input tags to gain ground. It would seem my profile has more interests than my posts, but you have to start somewhere.

My most active post is the Venture Concept No. 1 with 20 views. I think it was because it had key words of home-ownership included to be honest, otherwise, I did not do anything special with this post to make it stand out more than any other.

As far as did I ever make it to the first page of Google? An emphatic never and nor could I locate any of my posts on any of the first 20 pages and gave up thereafter. I clearly have a lot to learn regarding SEO. For example, everything that glitters (key word choice) is not gold.


Oh well, I learned a lot in this class, but unfortunately, not enough of a clear understanding of SEO in order to reach "Google Gold"!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that I did not grasp the full understanding of SEO and I struggled with this assignment as well. No matter how many "key" words I used I was not creating a ton of traffic on my blog. I think this is something that we can all research and improve on in the future because social media and the internet is such an important aspect of any business in this day and age. You still did a good job on this assignment it was not easy. If you get a chance check out my blog and business idea as well. http://ghioto.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete